Monday 30 January 2012

Possible Encounters When U Visit My City

                          As promised I m back before end of January.  As everybody I love my city Surat. And this time I m giving u a few things u get to see when u visit my Surat. Before starting what about introduction of my city. Its actually quite famous in India. Its a diamond n textile hub. Its said that from every 5 diamonds 3 diamonds r polished in Surat. And similar for textile markets too. And food is the other thing its famous for. U would be thinking how by food? As Paris is famous for its Pizzas, Surat is famous for its surti food. Surat dont have much special delicacies on its name but its famous for its food, its flavor. It doesn't have any much famous or special restaurants but here the food is tasty n that's what its famous for. It has its own flavor. 

                           Well don't mind I get little sensitive when it comes about Surat n start explaining over everything. Lets get back now I would tell the possible encounters u face when u visit my city. I m going to go blabbering about my Surat. 


  • I would start with much obvious. Nothing for guesses, I m going to start with food. 'Locho' that's what its called.(I know it sounds weird :P) Its mainly made up of besan. Its served with coriander-mint chutney and onions. Its best when hot served. The owner of an Audi would even go to the road stall to get this in the morning. You may get this in other cities but the taste is not something u get easily. If u get the same taste u may believe that the chef is from Surat. :)
                                   
  • Wherever u go in the city, whichever corner u would find a bridge at the very least a proposed bridge for sure in your 5 radius circle around u. Surat already consists of 15 constructed bridges n 29 r proposed. Its all set to b called the city of bridges. 
                                           
                                      
  • Here Diwali is very popular. Its celebrated with great pomp. Our municipal corporation decorates all the public offices and places.Now u would be saying that's common. Lets me finish guys. We even decorate the bridges n traffic islands. Now which city has decorated bridges say?
  • Another thing we have is what only we can have because its just one piece. Sachin's Ferrari. Yes the same Ferrari which was gifted to him. He has sold that to the Surat based businessman.
                                 
  • Traffic. Now don't assume that I would say we have the most traffic. Ye Surat he Mumbai ya Delhi nahi. I have something to say about traffic. Here when a car is going to turn left he mostly would be driving in the first lane n vice versa. 
                                        
  • When a rickshaw driver wants to signal about turning left or right he would not turn the indicator on or show the hand but would take his leg out.( I know that's seems stupid but its true). These are just two examples n there r many more but its enough for this post.
  • It may be the only city with 4 million population not having an international airport. International airport is out of question it even doesn't have a well functioning domestic airport. A city of diamond hub doesn't even have a airport. For this people even started a march n agitation for getting flights for airport.
                                      
                             These are some of the things u can find only in Surat. Not all r positive aspects but as everybody I have a soft corner for my city. After happening so much in Mumbai doesn't leave loving it why would be doing that rite? It has become a part of my life, an important one(I know it sounds emotional). I really don't know what would i do if i have to leave it. I don't think i would agree to leave it.


(P.S That's it for today. Would be back soon. Till then Bye n take care. )
 

3 comments:

  1. :-) LOved the descriptions...:-) Good work...keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnks :D By the do come to my city someday..

      Delete
  2. hey dear well written..but u forgot here many things..add following also.. First in food section surat ghari is very popular,also surti undhiu,also aalupuri popular day by day...surti khaja with manago ras,etc...also pls mention surat nu jaman ane kashi nu maran means dining in surat and dying in kashi ... Then in festival section surat uttarayan is best in gujarat..also ganesh festival second best after mumbai....and despite there is no international airport and few domestic air services.. Surat is fastest growing city of india in the world.. U have to mention all the above things..ur blog looks more meaningful...
    Regards...
    Jaydeep Naik (JD__naik) from twitter, cool_jd_9 (Google)...

    ReplyDelete